Sunday, December 5, 2010

Worry Rock


When I was 10 my grandmother passed away. We were so close it was if she was my mom as well. 
The pain still draws tears.
She used to carry a smooth shiny black rock in her pocket. She called it her "worry rock." 
She used to tell me the tale that whenever life was getting too hard, trouble came about, 
emotions were too strong or over all just had worry- 
just hold the rock and rub it as it will take all that ails you away.

At her funeral, she was to be burried with her worry rock. 
Before the closed the casket, my grandfather removed it from her hand and placed it in mine.
I was told she would want me to have this to help throughout life's journey.

I have it to this day safe and sound in a lock box @ home.

Over the past few weeks I've had many thing testing my strength. 
(Some of which I've shared- others I hold close to my heart.)

Yesterday was particularly trying. I sometimes feel as though it is a test from God.
I awoke this morning, went to my car and opened the door. 
 
As I went to climb in, I saw the rock in this picture sitting on the driver's seat. 

(It is nearly identical to the one of my grandmother's  I have locked away.) 

I nearly burst into tears as I had not been anywhere where this rock could had entered my car- 
let alone sitting on my seat. 

I could call it coincidence or I can continue to seek the logic in its placement 
(especially since I am the only one with keys to my car); 
however since her passing, when times get tough for me I feel she's found ways to reach me from the heavens.

It hasn't happened in years, but today I'm holding onto the fact that my guardian angel is looking after me, 
reminding me that I can get through life's trials to persevere and enjoy life's joy and bliss.

I'm really hoping I can sneak away to church today, if not, 
I know you can show your love and respect to the lord without being in a house of God. 

I thought you may appreciate this occutrence. Thank you for allowing me to share with you!

Xo,

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment